“When Can My Baby Start Eating With Fish Sauce?”
From 6 months old, mothers can start feeding babies with pureed and thin foods.12 months old or older is the milestone when your baby can start a weaning diet with solid foods, such as rice, vermicelli, macaroni, or desserts such as yogurt, milk dessert and fruits with a minimal serving amount. A combined diet of breast milk and weaning foods with the right serving amount brings about optimal development for your baby.
There are some common questions concerning mothers like “At which stage should I use fish sauce in my baby’s diet?”, “Should I season porridge with fish sauce?” or “Why should I use fish sauce in weaning meals?” and so forth. Actually, right from the beginning of the weaning practice, when the baby is about 6 months old, mothers can dip a clean teaspoon into the condiment and then dip the spoon with fish sauce into the child’s dish, a very little amount but enough for your baby to get used to the taste of fish sauce. Each stage comes with a different serving size, mothers need to monitor the serving amount of each stage to suit the age as well as the body condition.
Directions For Using Fish Sauce In Weaning According To Baby’s Months Of Age
1. From 6 to 8 months old: at this stage of age, prepare the baby to get familiar with the taste by dipping a teaspoon into the fish sauce and use that spoon to season the dishes.
2. From 9 to 11 months old: 2 to 3 drops of fish sauce to season the dish, so that the baby’s digestive system adapts to the taste of fish sauce. Be cautious that you should not over-add the advisory amount.
3. From 12 to 24 months old: in this stage, your baby can start to eat a variety of solid food as adults. Measure half of the teaspoon of fish sauce or half of the amount of your taste for fish sauce to add to the meal for a healthy meal with enough nutrition as well as stimulate the sense of taste of your child.
With the objective to produce a type of fish sauce that is suitable for the taste and the condition of weaning babies, we devised a new recipe named “less salt more fish” aiming at reducing the salty level of the sauce but still preserve the appropriate protein content for the nutrition of your children. Meaty black anchovies are carefully classified by our skilled artisans to meet the highest demand of quality together with refined salt with low level of saltiness. Both are mixed and aged under many continuous months to reach the dreaming pure fish protein content of 42N. This product is used to season the meals during weaning period with a variety of important elements included:
• Vitamins: B1, B2, B12 develop brain cell system
• Calcium and iron for physical development and resistance
• Omega-3 enhances vision
• Amino acids, especially lysine, for a healthy digestive system
An interesting fact is that this product is not only favored by babies but also by parents and is widely used in family meals. It is an economical choice as the whole family can share the same type of fish sauce.
“Tĩn” fish sauce is a popular fish sauce brand in Vietnam and is renowned for its 300-year-old brewing recipe from Lang Chai Xua (Old fishing village). “Tĩn” fish sauce is a worth choice for all fish sauce lovers with the commitment to provide pure fish protein from natural source. Absolute peace of mind when buying this product for your beloved child is what we can guarantee.
Where To Buy?
Buy Fish sauce for baby weaning in our branches or order on our website or fan page.
Or visit and buy our products directly at the Lang Chai Xua (Old Fishing Village) Fish Sauce Museum
Address: 360 Nguyen Thong, Phu Hai ward, Phan Thiet city, Binh Thuan province, Vietnam.
Phone: 028 2253 7581 – 0919 119 830